19 November 2008

Let Go

She walks around with her head held high
and a smile so big and eyes taking everything in
Arms spread wide to embrace life

But you don't see the tears that fall at night
Her trembling heart and shaking hands
You can't see the weakness in her knees
Or hear her screaming please, please
Don't walk away from me
Can't you see what we could be
If you would just let down your wall
And give me a chance I could be your everything, your all

Her shoulders are back and her hair is curled 
Admitting she knows its all for the best
She says all you can do is laugh at this world

But you can't hear her silent cry
Or feel the sharp pain in her gut
How her soul is growing cold
Or hear her screaming no, no
Don't walk away from me
Can't you see all that we could be
If you would just let down your wall
And give me a chance I could be your everything, your all

She closes the door and drops her bag
Crawling into bed and pressing her palm to her forehead
Slowly a tear falls to her pillow

She says...

You won't ever see what you did to me
Or feel my trembling body
Cause i have to tell myself no, no
I'm screaming to myself you have to let go, have to let go
Baby you've gotta let go, let go, just let go
November 19

No comments:



"For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness, For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people, For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry, For Beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day, For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others." 
— Audrey Hepburn

Followers